Monday 27 May 2013

Who am I?

An avid blogger, writing poems, an occasional story writer, a photography enthusiast, who always maintains an active social life be it virtual or real. Motherhood kept me away from the professional corporate world. It's what has defined me for years. It still does. But I have lived & experienced other roles. I am very well versed with Social Media, be it Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube. I am a serial Blog Founder of several personal blogs and pride myself in being the Founder of a once successful group blog ‘Between Us Friends’, with about 20 bloggers writing in it simultaneously & managing double the number of visitors. I am very social media content management savvy besides being a voracious reader.

I was a leading partner of a fun & yet very successful business venture during the last festive season. We held a successful seasonal sale of gift items where most products listed sold out through my online marketing efforts & persuasive one to one presentations. I discovered what an adept negotiator I am & my ability to influence people to achieve desired sales target.

I am a fitness freak & keep myself updated with the latest trends, be it in fashion, music, movies, books, gadgets, gizmos or current affairs. All this, while being a 24X7 mum on call, juggling between kids & handling the house, tutoring 12 & 5 year old sons. Professionally I call myself a counsellor, collector & researcher with exceptional customer service skills.

I grew up in a very cosmopolitan, secular family.  As the daughter of a senior Railway officer & the youngest sibling among three, I grew up in various parts of the country & eventually completed my high school in the NCR & graduation from the Delhi University. I pursued a Post-Graduation in Public Relations & a course in Computers before I began my professional career.


After a successful stint as a counsellor, front office coordinator in the top 2 premier professional computer institutes, I worked in one of the leading BPO’s of the country. I was working in a world renowned multinational executive search firm when I opted for my second hiatus from work to focus on my family. I now find myself ready to take on new challenges & get back to the professional world while successfully administering & managing my existing roles at home. 

Ideally I would love to write professionally, stay close to what I love doing & comes naturally to me. I am keen to explore all that the social media scene has to offer. I am also open to consider the BPO and the Research industries since I have past work experience handling similar profiles. Every door has possibilities and it’s that very thought that is exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment