Saturday 8 June 2013

Slow and Steady?

Not much progress. Actually there has been progress but maybe not as much as I expected. Then again, I guess my expectations were unreal. I had to tell myself to slow down and think through things. I realized that the only people (namely consultants) who call me are those who view my resume on job portals and search via set key words. My prior work experience simply fetches me job offers related to what I've done. Now how does one work around this issue? 

My writing took a back seat the past week. Writing here that is. Attempting to write anything non personal and fresh proved even more difficult given my state of mind. I finally decided to apply for some courses. Creative writing being a priority. The debate is whether I should do a long distance course or in campus. The idea of getting back to learning is exciting. I'm also trying to brush up on my other software skills. And a course in digital still photography is also tempting me.

The question is where am I going with all this? I wish I had some sense of direction. The thought of taking up a 9 to 5 or regular job doesn't work for me for simply one reason. That is I have to start from scratch and I have to consider working long hours away from home for hardly any money. Ok any money is good money I agree. It's probably still on my mind. I've decided to give myself sometime to at least try for things that interest me before settling for whatever comes my way. 

Meanwhile, it's really been interesting to observe just how people help, try to help or not at all in all this. Not everyone can I know. Not everyone would want to. So I guess I should honestly be thankful for what comes my way and really not focus on what doesn't. 

Still staying postitive!

No comments:

Post a Comment